What sort of marketing plan does your school have – if you have one at all? The podcast below is from Brendan Schneider, where he interviews school marketing expert, Randy Vaughn. It has lots of great information and resources – definitely worth a listen.
Here’s what’s covered in the podcast:
- Why a school should think about having a systematic marketing plan
- Is your current marketing planning characterized as CHAOTIC (led by trendy fads), COPYCAT (doing whatever our competition is doing) or CHRONIC CONFUSION (doing what we have done because we’ve always done it that way)? Randy shares how he defines a marketing plan
- Do you really have a marketing plan or simply a document that shares your enrollment goals? What Randy, and I, think a real marketing plan actually should be
- The key components of an effective marketing plan
- The surprising fact that school marketing is not about your school. We share who your marketing should be about
- Enrollment numbers drive the budget of a school (and so much more). In admissions, we fixate on enrollment. Randy suggests schools should have a broader understanding of marketing beyond just enrollment
- The number #1 audience your school marketing plan should include and probably doesn’t
- What are the most important types of content to produce and where should you publish the content to get the most bang for your buck
- What social networks should a school be on to help their marketing efforts
- How should a school implement a systematic, year-around, marketing plan that gets results
- Should you simply consider online marketing efforts or should you also think about off-line efforts
- What is the ideal time frame for your school marketing plan
- What personnel should be involved in your school marketing planning
- What your physical school marketing plan should look like
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST HERE
Read more: http://www.schneiderb.com/creating-a-systematic-school-marketing-plan-with-randy-vaughn/#ixzz36NumhlVD
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
The podcast below is courtesy of Brendan Schneider, a social media expert within the education industry in the USA.
This episode delves into the importance of branding for your school, how to develop a brand strategy and process to deliver your message to existing and prospective families.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is branding?
- What are the two parts that make up a school’s brand?
- How branding is “uncovered” in a school?
- What a brand isn’t
- What is the difference between a school’s brand and a school’s mission?
- Can a school determine a brand internally or do they need external help?
- How can a school begin with the brand process?
- What should a school do after the brand is delivered?
- How often the brand at your school changes?
- What actually makes up a brand at a school?
- How should schools use their graphic identity on their social media channels?
- How a brand will make a school’s marketing job easier.
- How you can use a hashtag at your school
I hope you enjoy the session and find it useful!
Does your school have a clear vision and mission that guides students and teachers in the same direction? This article below from Connected Principals highlights the differences between vision and mission for your school, and why each are both very important to ensure everyone in your school community is working towards the same goals